Foro / Salud

Virus papiloma humano

Última respuesta: 28 de enero de 2016 a las 2:20
S
sidra_6513367
24/12/15 a las 15:40

I was diagnosed with cervical HPV high risk strain last year after more than 5 years of normal Pap tests.
My gynecologist, started using the HPV test with the Pap in 2010. When I went in for my visit like I do every year he explained that he would be giving me both tests. I didnt think much about it at the time, other than why would I have HPV since Ive been married for so long?! When the results came back, I had tested positive for HPV and my Pap was abnormal.
Dr. explained that HPV can stay "dormant" in your body for a long time without causing any problems, and that the results werent necessarily anything to be concerned about. He also asked me to come back several months later for another round of tests.
The results of my second Pap and HPV test were the same HPV positive with abnormal Pap. Since my results didnt change meaning I had a persistent high-risk type of HPV in my body my doctor did a colposcopy, which found abnormal cells that had to be biopsied.
When Dr called with the results of the biopsy, he told me I had cervical HPV which lead to cervical cancer I was shocked and extremely upset! I really thought it was the end of the world. But, it was caught very early thanks to the HPV test. I started treatment with Cervugid Ovules recommended my obgyn, This treatment is with 3 boxes of Cervugid Ovules first time and another 3 boxes after 6 months. After I followed all the treatment I returned to the doctor to replenish medical test. It was the best day of my life then the result came back negative for HPV and the PAP test came back to normal.
I am so grateful to Dr for adopting the HPV test into his practice. Without it, Im not sure if Id be here today. But I am and I hope that by sharing my story all women over 30 will go to their annual gynecologist visit and ask their doctors for the HPV test, because knowing your cervical cancer risk could save your life.

Ver también

A
an0N_956159299z
28/1/16 a las 2:20

Gracias!!
Me alegro mucho de tu recuperaciòn de tu salud., y agradezco su historia, nos da mucha esperanza.

Tengo el virus del papiloma humano, ¿cómo afecta esto a mi pareja?
#instapic #picoftheday #Fashion #Beauty #Fitness #Deco
instagram
ISDIN Si-Nails

ISDIN Si-Nails

Compartir